The optional CL-12 linear fader controller significantly expands the mixing capability of the 688. The CL-12 attaches directly to the 688 via a single USB cable that provides both power and control, making transitions between cart-based setups and over-the-shoulder workflows quick and easy. A second 1/4-inch to 1/4-inch headphone cable is also provided to allow monitoring from the CL-12, plus it adds a low-resistance ground connection, giving extra robustness to the 688/CL-12 in the presence of static shock. Sound Devices recommends always using the supplied USB cable and 1/4-inch headphone cable for optimum CL-12 performance.
Quick & Easy Transition
The CL-12 linear fader controller is an optional accessory that significantly expands the mixing capability of the 688 mixer/recorder. The CL-12 attaches directly to the 688 mixer via a single USB cable that provides both power and control, making transitions between cart-based setups and over-the-shoulder workflows quick and easy. It is compatible with the 688.
Beautiful Form & Function
The CL-12 comes in two models. The standard CL-12 is designed to be a sleek and durable mixing surface with robust black aluminum side panels. Tactile controls, including illuminated buttons and twelve easy-to-use manual faders, combine with LED metering to improve the whole mixing experience. In addition to offering everything the standard CL-12 does, the CL-12 Alaia also features incredibly smooth gliding Penny & Giles faders — the best in the industry. Gorgeous custom hardwood side panels also enhance the look of the CL-12 Alaia. Available in either Blonde Maple or Red Mahogany, the panels are handmade by Amish craftsmen specifically for Sound Devices, LLC.
Mixing & Control at Your Fingertips
When the CL-12 is connected, the 688 gains 12 100 mm linear faders and enhanced, sunlight-viewable LED metering. Numerous dedicated buttons also provides quick access to key functionality for fast track arming, naming, and routing. The CL-12 also features a 3-band parametric equalizer for each of the 12 inputs and the ability to monitor audio directly from the CL-12’s headphone port. Together, the CL-12 and 688 are a complete mixing and recording system, perfect for controlling multiple audio signals often required in today’s production sound environments. The CL-12 also provides ports for a USB keyboard connection for efficient metadata entry, and for powering an optional USB lamp.
- 12 100 mm linear input faders (Penny & Giles option with CL-12 Alaia)
- L, R, X1, X2 level controls with press functionality for input routing
- 3-band parametric equalizer per channel
- Large, backlit transport controls (REC and STOP)
- Numerous dedicated buttons for fast access to menus and key functionality
- Single USB cable connection for power and control, and quick transition from cart to bag
- 22-segment LED meters for L, R, X1, X2
- 7-segment LED pre-fade input meters
- Limiter LEDs
- Indicator LEDs for MixAssist activity, Arm, Channel On, and Routing
- USB Ports for keyboard, lamp, and 3rd-party remote control applications
- Headphone port for direct audio monitoring from CL-12
- 1 CL-12
- 1 1/4-inch to 1/4-inch, 5-foot TRS headphone cable
- 1 USB A to USB B, 2-meter RoHS cable
- 1 Product registration card
- 1 CL-12 Quick Start Guide
- >1 Promo stickers
- 1 Full-line Audio Catalog