PITTSBURGH, PA – November 08, 2017 – Black Box, a leading digital solutions provider of high-performance KVM, switching solutions, and professional AV signal distribution and extension, today announced enhancements to its MediaCento AV-over-IP solution. The upgraded IPX 4K video distribution platform enables users to stream 4K HDMI video, audio, USB, serial and IR signals to distant screens over an existing Ethernet network.
The system can be used for point-to-point and multicast transmissions, virtual matrix switching and video walls up to eight displays by eight displays. With current Ethernet technology and TCP/IP protocols, it can send 4K UHD video to an existing Gigabit Ethernet network. It also supports 4K to 1080p downscaling to ensure that videos can still be displayed on a 1080p display.
Other benefits of the new MediaCento include:
- Better audio: Supports embedded digital HDMI audio with surround sound, plus analog audio embedding and extraction.
- Easy plug-and-play setup: Installs directly into an existing LAN infrastructure.
- USB support: Ideal for a touchscreen signage application. It can also extend USB signals for KVM management.
- PoE for remote power: Supports a PoE network switch, eliminating the need for external power supplies.
- Long-distance signal: Transmits up to 328 feet (100 meters) point to point over CATx or single-mode fiber cable. Signal extends farther with a network switch.
- Optimal PC-to-screen performance: Features EDID copy function and is HDCP 2.2 compliant.
“The enhanced MediaCento is a versatile, affordable 4K UHD AV-over-IP product that can be used in applications ranging from hospitality to corporate multi-room solutions,” said Tom Strade, VP of Product Innovation and Marketing at Black Box. “With a simple transmitter and receiver, users can instantly transmit signals to remote displays as far as their network goes.”
The MediaCento IPX 4K transmitter and receiver are now available on BlackBox.com. To learn more about this solution, and which products can help install it, contact Black Box Technical Support at 877-877-2269.
About Black Box
Black Box (NASDAQ: BBOX) is the trusted digital partner. With more than 40 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are dedicated to helping clients embrace the intelligent edge and enable their digital transformation. Our award-winning products and extensive service connect you with your customers, your team, and the world. Every day, our customers trust us to design, deploy, and manage their digital needs including retail IoT solutions, healthcare, and mission-critical control room infrastructures across commercial enterprise and governmental organizations. With a global presence and extensive team of technical experts, we make digital transformation possible whether at one location or hundreds.
To learn more, visit the Black Box website at http://www.blackbox.com and follow us on Twitter @blackbox_ns.
Black Box® and the Double Diamond logo are registered trademarks of BB Technologies, Inc.
For Media Inquiries:
Black Box Corporation
Marketing Communications Manager
Phone: (724) 873-7028
For Investor Relations Inquiries:
Black Box Corporation
David J. Russo
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Phone: (724) 873-6788